Most of the guests at Wolverfontein Karoo Cottages enjoy the peace and quite of the natural surroundings, putting their feet up, and breathing in the clean desert air.
If you are feeling adventurous or energetic there are plenty of options in the nearby area, as we have a game reserve 500 m from our top gate. The reserve is accessible on foot, by car, or on bicycle. Sightings of kudu, giraffe, eland and wilderbeest are common. We are also on the banks for the Touws River, which flows seasonally, and provides easy walks for those seeking a ramble.
- Bird watching from your private stoep
- Self drive Game drives in the Touwsberg Private Game Reserve
- Mountain Biking and hiking in the Touwsberg Game Reserve
- Two 29 inch mountain bikes available on request to keen cyclists
- 4 x 4 Routes
- Star Gazing
- Cooking in your fully kitted kitchen
- Braaing on your private braai
- Exploring the Makadas railway and Plathuis station
- Ronnies Sex Shop – Pub and grub
- Warmwaterberg hot springs
- Barrydale – Great restaurants and gift shops
- Ladismith – Towerkop and historical buildings
- Seweweekspoort – A world heritage site
- Calitzdorp – Wine and port capital of South Africa
- Oudsthoorn – Cango caves and ostrich farms
Wolverfontein Karoo Cottages are ideally situated between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth for an overnight. The Garden Route is an easy 214km from Wolverfontein, while The National Addo Elephant Park a days journey of 534km.
Regarding Pets – Wolverfontein Farm Cottages is pet friendly, although we do request a guarantee that your dogs are well socialised. We also kindly ask that males are neutered, as we have two breeding Ridgeback bitches on the property. Our cottages are not separately fenced in, although our property (3.5 hectare) is well secured. Please do ask us if you may bring your fur babies when booking, so that proper diplomacy can be followed. We are not a kennel facility, so please make proper arrangements with us should you be taking day trips from the farm.